Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Phoebe. Spring Nesting
It would be easier if I could have a conversation—
explain myself to you, phoebe.
You, who have inhabited our joists (or are they yours
by squatter’s rights?) for so very many years.
What I want to say is, simply, I mean you no harm.
I will go out of my way to ensure your safety, that your nest
is undisturbed, that when I pass you needn’t fly away.
I admire you. You exhibit characteristics beyond rebuke.
You are an example of selfless living, devoted, as you are, to your brood.
Your manner is mild, your athletic ability magical,
as you swoop and snap yet another tiny fly for your babes.
Most of all, it is your endurance that I admire—
not only the day by day effort you display, but the year by year.
I will tread softly, and I will watch you for another year. Lord willing.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
This is a great opportunity to make new friend and get more traffic onto your Blog. I want to thank BJohnson Jewelry for nominating me!! You just made my day.
The rules are as follows:
1)Put the lemonade award logo on your blog or post.
2)Nominate 5-10 blogs that show great attitude and or gratitude.
3)List and link your nominees within your post.
4)Let them know they have received the award by leaving a comment on their blog.
I decided I would nominate the following blogs:
Take a look at these individuals blogs and give them some love!!!
Thank you so much!!!
Here are the rules:
List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 people...tagging them and letting them know they won! You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sideboard letting the whole wide world know you are KREATIV!
7 Things I love:
1. I love annoying my cat Cloe. She is so used to it by now that she just sits there and takes it, just waiting for me to get bored and move on.
2. I love getting massages.
3. I love traveling, road trips and hiking.
4. I love wearing my big floppy hat when I garden.
5. I love rinsing conditioner out of my hair. This one sounds weird, I know. But it is so silky smooth!!
6. I love reality TV. Had to copy you on this one Anji!
7. I love this life that I am living!!
I pass this award on to:
The Pure Gardener
New Dominion Blues
Fun Gone Bad
Friday, February 20, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
"Westminster Abbey" in London by Shanna Rumburg
available on Etsy.com
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Rules of tagging:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these Rules in your Blog.
3. Write 7 Random things about yourself.
4. Tag random people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each Person know they've been tagged.
Look at who I tagged!
Some random things about me:
1. The only word in the English language that I can't stand is "unique". I lost a spelling bee in 4th grade because of it and have been scarred ever since. I believe this is only the 3rd time in my life I have typed the word.
2. Next month I am going to London on my honeymoon with my fabulous hubby. This will be the first trip to Europe for both of us!
3. I am scared to death of public speaking or being the center of attention.
4. My two online stores, Lady Sadie's by Locklear and Lady Farrah's by Locklear, are both named after my two adopted pound puppies. (Sadie Lady and Farrah Locklear)
5. I am a Christian woman who loves God!
6. I just recently got my diving certification and have already logged my first 7 dives!! The underwater world is so peaceful and gorgeous. I was a beach baby and have always had a passion for the water.
7. I think I am obsessed with gardening, plants, landscaping... Anything having to do with green!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Try your hand at making these adorable ballet slippers with step-by-step instructions. This is the perfect project for beginner crocheters, as it is only necessary to know the basic single crochet stitch and slip stitch. The pattern is 6 pages long with very detailed instructions and photos to help you out.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
It is no secret that I have a passion for nature, especially moss. While paging through photographers on Etsy, I came across Chandra's amazing shop and immediately fell in love with this photo named "the one with moss". The greens are so lovely against the grays and browns.
~In the near future, I will most likely be blogging about quite a few photographers, as I will soon be decorating my new studio and I'm constantly shopping for wall artwork.
This Valentine's Day, an elegant moss terrarium is a fabulous way to mix things up! Flowers wilt and die days later. Moss terrariums are little glass enclosed gardens. So beautiful!
You can find all of these and more at http://www.ladyfarrah.etsy.com/!