Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Organic Lavender Fire Sticks

Have you ever heard of using bundles of lavender to add a special something to a night on the back patio, sitting in front of a fire? Lavender stalks are full of fragrant oil and are very dry. Because of this, they are easy to burn. Just toss them into your fireplace and you have a fabulous aroma plus a good kindling source.
Sometimes my hubby soaks a bundle of this lavender in water and uses it to smoke chicken on the grill. This is such a lovely treat!
You can get these lavender bundles at http://www.tuscanheights.net/.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! I LOVE lavender, so I will remember to try this. Thanks for commenting on my blog. In answer to your question, I use the Photoshop CS3 version. It's a great program!

Kylie said...

What a great idea! Lavender is one of my favourites...must remember this when winter arrives :)

off the hook handcrafted accessories said...

Love your post. Great way to use all the lavender that I have growing in the yard!

off the hook handcrafted accessories said...

Love your post! Great way to use all the lavender I have growing in the yard!